Tropic Thunder


Yes all you doubters, I too can appreciate lowbrow comedy. Much to my chagrin, I recently checked out Tropic Thunder. Um Robert Downey Jr, you are hilarious and I positively love that The Academy felt your work in this bizarre picture warranted a Best Supporting Actor nom. You have come a long way (remember "Heart and Souls" or "Only You"?).

Briefly, some comments about the film. It's almost as though someone came up with these awesome characters but had no idea how to construct a good story with them. There were some incredible one-liners and a few choice oddities from Tom Cruise but all in all, there was nothing to report, it was all a little bit boring (what's that Simon Cowell?). I didn't really care about anyone. I wasn't rooting for anyone. I did have a good laugh or two though!

No comments:

Post a Comment