Wendy and Lucy


Well kids, here it is - brutal and honest admission: I refuse to pretend to like an "arty" or "indie" film just because it sounds somehow intelligent to praise it. Furthermore, I get just as irked when others do it. Maybe I'm dumb and I am just not getting it. Maybe, studying film for 6 years was a complete waste of time. Maybe my ideas of what makes a good film are completely different from what "real" critics determine the criteria should be. But what I know is this...a piece of canvas painted black on a wall is just that and a movie that bores me to tears is lacking something. I can appreciate a calm, quiet, introspective piece but sadly "Wendy and Lucy" is a snore. There is little I can say about it other than I was happy when it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment