The Time Traveler's Wife


Expectations can sometimes get the best of us. Take for example Season 2 of "Flight of the Conchords"...funny? Yes. Season 1 caliber? Not so fast! Maybe that was unfair. Comparing "The Time Traveler's Wife" to "Flight of the Conchords" in any capacity is severely inaccurate. It's not anywhere close to the same level of storytelling. Not that I expected it to be "Flight of the Conchords". Oh man, this is getting so far off track. Sorry, just started up Season 2 of FOTC last week.

Okay, here is the deal "The Time Traveler's Wife" was actually boring. Boo, I know. I was expecting some romantic cheesy love-fest that was going to have me balling about 3o minutes into it. Sadly, there were no tears. In fact, other than the occasional "wow, Rachel McAdams really is very pretty and Eric Bana is a handsome devil even with a terrible haircut" my brain didn't invest too much throughout the entire film - and my emotional reaction was decidedly lackluster, which is pretty tough to do. I cry at everything. Skip this in the theater and rent it when you've got a rainy afternoon with nothing to do.

Tomorrow, something with a bit more pizazz. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment