Fantastic Mr. Fox


I should preface this review by saying I've always been a big fan of director Wes Anderson. With that in mind...I loved "Fantastic Mr. Fox". The movie is adapted from a 1970 children's book of the same name by Roald Dahl (you might be familiar with some of his other whimsical works, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach) . My viewing audience was a smidge too young to fully appreciate the nuances throughout the film but that's okay - the few adults in the theater did. Anderson's signature attention to detail is in full effect in this stop-action animated joy ride and as always the soundtrack is great. The quickly delivered lines and sharp sarcasm came so fast that I think it will take multiple viewings for me to get all the jokes. You can see the trailer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment