Coco Before Chanel

It appears I DO have a theme this month. Shoddy relationships and fashion. Well, do the Na'vi in "Avatar" have a sense of fashion? Yes, I guess they do.

Moving on. "Coco Before Chanel" is a biopic about the early days of French designer and icon "Coco". It's currently nominated for an Academy Award for Best Costume Design which is would rightly deserve if it wins. At times, there were almost snapshots from another beautiful fashionable film - "My Fair Lady". Overall, it was slow moving narrative but the film was gorgeous to look at.

1 comment:

  1. I've only seen a couple previews for this movie but I already know you're right - I wanted to look at how beautiful it was, but I wasn't too interested in the narrative. And I am totally their target audience, so that doesn't bode so well for the movie itself. Ah well, glad to hear it was at least visually pleasing.

    ReplyDelete