The Lovely Bones


The Lovely Bones is an adaptation of a very popular book of the same name. Having not read the book I thought I might be in a better position to enjoy the movie, as general wisdom is - the book is always better. Sadly, the movie left me feeling a bit...bored, confused, and ready for bedtime.

The book came out in 2002 however I was reminded in so many ways of other stories I had recently experienced...that of the LOST television series and The Imaginirum of Dr. Parnassus.

I was with it for the first 20 minutes or so. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace, photography, style, and acting. Then it just lost me. To be fair, a story about a murdered child and a serial killer isn't really my cup of tea but I went in ready for anything and fully hoped I would find it engaging. Director Peter Jackson wowed us all tackling The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Perhaps my expectations were too high, not sure.

Sidebar: The main character of Susie is played by young Saoirse Ronan and if you haven't seen her in Atonement you are seriously missing out. She's phenomenal. At only 13 years old, she was nominated for oodles of awards for the role.

1 comment:

  1. Still haven't seen Lovely Bones yet...to be honest I'm avoiding it since I loved the book so much in high school, I don't want to ruin it...

    ReplyDelete