Black Swan


I would describe Black Swan as a cinematic romp through someone's bad dream after they went to the ballet and maybe...did some ecstasy right before they fell asleep.  It seems unfair to boil it down to such a basic level but it's good to know what you're getting into before you drift off with director Darren Aronofsky.  I made that mistake with his movie The Fountain a few years ago and I was depressed for the rest of the day.  Today's tip: always know what's in store at the theater when it's an emotional tale.  Overall, I really enjoyed the film.  It kept me guessing and I followed down the rabbit hole all the way.  Natalie Portman was very dynamic, showcasing a wide range of emotion as she flitted from one character to the next.  Trailer here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment