The Fighter


Well, I'm utterly ashamed that work life has taken me away from my fun hobbies such as this blog for well over 3 months now.  Thing is, it couldn't be helped.  Dear readers.  I know there are at least a couple of you.  I need a swift kick where the sun don't shine.  I write about films because I love them and I think that it's a necessity for me to analyze, discuss, and share my cinematic experiences until the cows come home.  It's just...what I do.  So without further ado...here's a flurry from the past month or two.

Nothing makes me more giddy then leaving a theater and feeling like I just stepped out of the best thing all year.  That moment came after I saw The Fighter, David O. Russell's boxing bio pic film starring Mark Wahlberg and Christan Bale.

Honestly I don't even know where to begin.  Bale's performance will haunt you.  Wahlberg was solid as a rock.  Yeah, I just said that.  Supporting roles by Amy Adams and Melissa Leo were utterly awesome.  And don't even get me started on the other actors that make up the rest of the family.  It's a fiesta of scrappers and they're punching each line as though it was the only one they had in the movie.

Not a moment was unnecessary or a scene out of place.  It's sad and funny and dramatic and witty all in one tense breath.  I could go on but you get the idea.  It's a cinematic masterpiece and I loved every minute of it.  The trailer doesn't it do it justice but can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment